News from Newbridge
30 April 2013
Care quality and planning are praised in the latest inspection of Newbridge House, which also finds key standards in recruitment, training and safety are being met.
- Newbridge House manager on BBC radio to discuss eating disorders awareness week
- Beat young ambassador working with Newbridge is fundraising with epic row trek
- Major development of Newbridge House to enhance care environment
- New figures reveal major reduction in Newbridge House length of stay
- New venue announced for Newbridge educational seminar on September 14 in order to meet high demand for places
- Newbridge House publishes reflections from parents of young people who have been treated for anorexia
- Newbridge holds major educational seminar on anorexia in the under 18s
- Innovative changes to improve patient experience
- Patients take part in staff recruitment process
- Newbridge works with national charity Beat to promote Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Latest inspection concludes: “Newbridge is an impressive example of a specialist eating disorder unit.”
- Newbridge nurse consultant Rachel Matthews interviewed by Sky News on new children’s eating disorder figures.
- Newbridge expert on BBC Radio to offer eating disorders help.
- Newbridge House introduces new intensive treatment programme.
- Professor Hubert Lacey, Medical Director of Newbridge House, publishes new book on bulimia and binge eating.
- Newbridge House joins the QNIC network following a successful review by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- A sky dive by daring Newbridge staff has raised £1,000 for the eating disorders charity Beat.
- Two healthcare assistants from Newbridge House are doing a 10,000ft sky dive to raise money for the eating disorders charity Beat.
- Newbridge House has established a new Carer’s Group, to support parents and carers of our patients and enable people to share their experiences.
- Newbridge Clinical Director Professor Hubert Lacey is to deliver a key presentation on eating disorders at Health and Well Being Conference.
- Newbridge House launches the West Midlands Professional Eating Disorders Forum – a free educational programme for professionals.