Who do we treat?
A young person should receive treatment for their eating disorder within outpatient services whenever this is safe and effective, allowing them to remain in their home and community. However, for some young people, an inpatient admission is necessary, in order to provide the level of care and treatment they need.
Our inpatient service at Newbridge House is for:
- Young people, male and female, aged 8 to 18
- With a diagnosis of anorexia nervosa, eating disorder not otherwise specified (EDNOS), food refusal
- Pathway assessment indicates inpatient admission is required
Younger patients are treated in their own unit, encompassing their bedrooms, a classroom and dining room. This means we can offer a distinct programme and environment for the younger patients, meeting their needs and enabling them to be with others of a similar age group.
For all our patients, our emphasis is upon effective treatment within the shortest duration; no young person should be in an inpatient unit for longer than is necessary for safety and lasting change.
The majority of our referrals come from the teams who are treating and supporting young people. Young people are usually in treatment with CAMHS (child and adolescent mental health service) and are considered for an inpatient admission if not responding well to community based interventions. However, we always welcome direct contact from parents and carers who want advice, information and wish to visit Newbridge House.
We provide a clinic for people who are suffering from Bulimia or Binge Eating Disorder who want effective, proven treatment treatment. You have the assurance that your treatment is provided by a service which has been rated Outstanding for the second consecutive time.
This outpatient service allows patients to visit Newbridge House for weekly appointments with our Consultant Clinical Psychologist for treatment refined specifically for Bulimia and Binge Eating Disorder.
- Distinct units for different age groups
- How are our services funded?
- Information for Referrers
- Newbridge CQC Outstanding Rating
- Newbridge House achieves an outstanding rating from the Care Quality Commission for the second time
- Our Staff
- The Newbridge Master Class series
- What is Newbridge House like?
- Who do we treat?